Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Meiosis and genetics
Transcript of Meiosis and genetics
Pick up cornell notes for 1st and 2nd
Practice Monohybrids Karotype Before After Different Dyes = different results Used for viewing the chromosomes. Autosomes Sex chromosome
(XX =female )
(XY =male ) Identifying chromosome
mistakes (abnormalties) Karyotype:
set from mom
set from dad GREGOR MENDEL
1840's His Conclusion... SHOWS PROBABILITY OF PASSING TRAITS TO OFFSPRING gametes from B gametes from A Parent A Parent B Probability Rule#2: probability of two indep. events
occuring together is the product of the separate. 36 #'s on a
roulette table 1/36 x 1/36 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4 Rule 3: The probability of two or more indep. events occurring separately is the sum of the probabilities. Role a 10:
5 and 5 (1/6 x 1/6) =1/36
6 and 4 (1/6 x 1/6) =1/36
4 and 6 (1/6 x 1/6) = 1/36 1/12 Offspring's genes Gregor Mendel Traits are passed Traits are due to factors (genes) Factors are passed even if not shown Dominant vs. Recessive Homozygous vs. Heterozygous Genotype vs. Phenotype Purebreed vs. Hybrid White (W) Pink crossed with
White (W) Homozygous
Dominant White (WW) White (W) Pink (w) White (Ww) Heterozygous Crossed with Crossed with Homozygous
recessive Pink (w) Pink (ww) Pink (w) MONOHYBRID Cross TRAIT: COLOR What is Genetics?????? What did Mendel see???? Are you feeling lucky? Randomly passed
to offspring Yeah..
I'm did this! DOMINANT vs. recessive EX: A EX: a Homozygous Heterozygous EX: AA or aa Ex: Aa VS Purebred VS. Hybrid Ex: Ex: Genotype Phenotype VS. Ex: BB = brown eyes New Seats!!! Warm Up Yellow petals is dominant in Gerber Daisy's over pink petals. 1. What letter should be used for the yellow petal allele?
2. What letter should be used for the pink petal allele?
3. Genotype of Yellow petaled flower?
4. Genotype of Pink petaled flower?
5. Phenotype for Yy?
6. Genotype of a Heterozygous or Hybrid?
7. Genotype of a Homozygous Recessive? A a b b B b B= brown hair b= red hair G g G g WARM UP 1. What phenotype will the mother express?
2. What is the genotype of the father?
3. Use a punnett square to determine the offspring:
Genotypic Ratio: _____: _____:_____
Phenotypic Ratio: _____: _____
4. If the green eyes is dominant over blue eyes, what phenotype will dad express?
5. Look at mom. Seeing that B and G are on the same chromosome and b and g are on the same chromosome, does that mean that she can only contribute brown hair/green eye genes and red hair/blue eye gene? EOC PRACTICE TEST ***FOR A QUIZ GRADE....try your best. Do not spend more than a minute on the test question.
Write in the answer letter and keyword/phrases (NOTHING MORE!) Reminder: Mandatory tutorials tomorrow! Trophic Levels & Food chains
pg. 14 (plant process)
pg. 17 (trophisms)
Each person does a trophism!
Write your name next to the food chain you did.
1st 20 min 1st 20 min
Groups 5-9 Ecological Relationships
pg. 43 & 44
Researcher - venn diagram
Separates pg. 44
Separates pg. 45
*EVERYONE WRITES MATERIAL Groups 1-4 Come get stamped! Come get stamped! GRAB YOUR PACKET NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!