Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Amazing
The Amazing Chocolate Works - Case Study
National chocolate wholesaler
Full range of branded and own label frozen chocolates
Do not operate in the retail market
Does not manufacture or produce any products itself
Market Share- Choco has 8% market share,
Fairtrade and Organic goods
Own label products
- Changing regulation surrounding food standards and marketing actions
Awareness and knowledge of changing inflation, economic growth rates and income levels
- Changing consumer attitudes
- Innovation fuelled by technological developments
- 30 years of experience, first wholesalers to stock a selection of organic and fair trade chocolate.
S W O T
-They don’t manufacture or process their own products so suppliers may have bargaining power.
- Own label products have 5% higher profit than similar branded lines.
possessing capability to produce
when compared with competition
in meeting customers’ needs
Develop Product Specification
Search For Suppliers
Negotiate and Make Choice
Evaluate & Review
Evaluate Suppliers Against Specifications
Suited and Booted Hotel Goer
Age: 35 - 50
Gender: Male and Female
The Injured Soldier
Gender: Male and Female
Age: 30 - 60
The Rowdy School Kids
Gender: Boys and Girls
- Marketing products more effectively, building a rapport with the clients rather than bribing them with promotional offers.
- TACW could focus their attention on own-label products and increase their strength through enforcing fairtrade and organic labels.
- TACW could target their customers better by using a more detailed segmentation analysis.
Adcock, D. (2000). In Marketing Strategies for Competitive Advantage. Wiley.
Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary. (2007).
EBSCOhost. (2007). Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary. Retrieved from EBSCOhost: http://web.b.ebscohost.com.lcproxy.shu.ac.uk/ehost/detail/detail?vid=19&sid=bdb4d88e-e110-4700-bafe-91d2c207d1f9%40sessionmgr114&hid=102&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#AN=26745070&db=buh
Kotler, P., & Keller, K. L. (2009). Connecting with customers. In Marketing Management (p. 248). Pearson.
Mintel. (2014). Contract Catering UK. Retrieved from Mintel: http://academic.mintel.com/display/717940/?__cc=1
Mintel. (2015, May). Chocolate Confectionary. Retrieved from Mintel: http://academic.mintel.com/display/739648/
Mintel. (2015). The Ethical Food Consumer - UK: Attitudes towards Organic and Fair Trade Food. Retrieved from http://academic.mintel.com/display/741397/?highlight#hit1
Public Health England. (2013). UK and Ireland prevalence and trends. Retrieved from Public Health England: https://www.noo.org.uk/NOO_about_obesity/adult_obesity/UK_prevalence_and_trends