Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Roots and Stems
Transcript of Roots and Stems
and Stems Lets break
down stems “skin” of plant
single layer of tightly packed cells that covers & protects plant Dermal: Vascular
transport materials between roots & shoots
(xylem & phloem) Xylem carry water & minerals up from roots
tube-shaped dead cells
only their walls provide a system of microscopic water pipes Where is the xylem? Where is the phloem? carry nutrients throughout plant
sugars (sucrose), amino acids…
tube-shaped living cells Phloem Back to
large vertical root
also produces many small lateral,
or branch roots mat of thin
spread out Tap Root Fibrous Root