Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Identifying Minerals Lab
Transcript of Identifying Minerals Lab
Lab Jobs -
- You will need to keep your group on task and direct the internet research.
- Gather goggles for group
- Gather the supplies.
- You will need to open an Excel file an record the group's observations. Look below to see how.
The purpose of this lab is to identify unknown minerals.
Step 1 - Color
Step 2 - Luster
Record the color of each sample. Be specific!
Record the luster of each mineral. Use google to look up lusters for comparison.
Step 3 - Streak
Test & record the streak of each mineral.
Step 4 -
Cleavage & Fracture
Look closely at your mineral sample & determine if it has cleavage or fracture. Record your observations.
Step 5 -
Using the links on Mrs. Mitchell's website, try and identify your unknown minerals. When your group comes to a conclusion, show the teacher.