Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Identifying Minerals Lab
Transcript of Identifying Minerals Lab
Lab Jobs -
- You will need to keep your group on task and direct the internet research.
- Gather goggles for group
- Gather the supplies.
- You will need to open an Excel file an record the group's observations. Look below to see how.
The purpose of this lab is to identify unknown minerals.
Step 1 - Color
Step 2 - Luster
Record the color of each sample. Be specific!
Record the luster of each mineral. Use google to look up lusters for comparison.
Step 3 - Streak
Test & record the streak of each mineral.
Step 4 -
Cleavage & Fracture
Look closely at your mineral sample & determine if it has cleavage or fracture. Record your observations.
Step 5 -
Using the links on Mrs. Mitchell's website, try and identify your unknown minerals. When your group comes to a conclusion, show the teacher.