Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MEN AND WOMEN'S FASHION
Transcript of MEN AND WOMEN'S FASHION
Fashion is a prevailing custom, usage, or style, the prevailing style (as in dress) during a particular time or a garment in such a style <always wears the latest fashions>, social standing or prominence especially as signalized by dress or conduct.
He/she is informal a person who follows trends in the fashion industry obsessively and strives continually to adopt the latest fashions.
Pose of Fashion
Top 20 Global Fashion Cities
1 London, England
2 New York, U.S.
3 Barcelona, Spain
4 Paris, France
5 Madrid, Spain
6 Rome, Italy
7 Sao Paulo, Brazil
8 Milan, Italy
9 Los Angeles, U.S.
10 Berlin, Germany
11 Antwerpen, Belgium
12 Hong Kong, China
13 Buenos Aires, Argentina
14 Bali, Indonesia
15 Sydney, Australia
16 Florence, Italy
17 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
18 Johannesburg, South Africa
20 Tokyo, Japan
Figures of Fashion
Figures of Fashion
Fashion is Sexy
A true preppy is someone who:
Wears, but is not limited to, Polo, Lilly, Brooks Brothers, Lacoste, LL Bean, ribbon belts, prints, sweaters tied around the neck, collar always popped, looks neat and put together. Hair ribbons or ribbon headbands, pearls, and other classic jewelry pull the look together.
How to look and act Preppy
1. Keep your look simple.
2. Stay Fresh and clean.
3. Build a classic wardrobe.
5. Style your hair in a classic natural way.
6. Wear simple make-up for girls.
1. Be polite.
2. Practice good posture.
4. Pay attention in school.
5. Play a preppy sport.
6. Take care of yourself.
Classic fashion styles are the looks that last through the ages and appear flattering on almost anyone. They go beyond trends and are a triumph of art. Despite the decade, figure or fashion, classic styles are always a demonstration of truly refined taste. Silhouettes are sleek and concepts are unpolluted. It is this clean thinking that allows a classic fashion to melt into any current theme or style. The biggest benefit with classic styles is that they're never trendy. Trendy styles are meant to push the boundaries and draw attention to the garment. A trendy look is meant to make a bold statement and never slips gracefully into the fashion parade. Not being trendy means classic clothes are timeless.
Hipster refers to a subculture of young, urban middle-class adults and older teenagers that appeared in the 1990s. The subculture is associated with independent music, a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility, progressive or independent political views, alternative spirituality or atheism/agnosticism, and alternative lifestyles.
Hipsters are people who are hip, during the 1950s, characterized by a particularly strong sense of alienation from most established social activities and relationships, trousers having this type of waistline.
1. Dress like a hipster.
2. Wear skinny jeans.
3. Wear glasses.
4. Wear ironic tops.
5. Dress vintage.
6. Find a suitable footwear.
8. Mismatch and layer.
1. Become a master of reuse.
2. Reject blind consumerism.
3. Be aware that most hipsters exist in a certain age group.
4. Be where the hipsters roam.
5. Be educated.
6. BE an early adopter.
7. Don't define yourself to others.
8. Keep a pulse on the hipster community.
is someone who popularizes a new fashion.
John Llyod Cruz
Casual / Sporty
Men who enjoy sporty/casual chic are the kind of guys who might work from home or in a more laid-back environment. At the very least, their office has no dress code and they feel most comfortable in clothes that aren’t glued to their bodies. Others consider men with a sporty/casual chic style to be down-to-earth and chilled-out -- men who aim to be themselves.
Men's Fashion Tips
Men often spend less time in grooming themselves and hence in most occasions sport a similar look. Let us take a look at some of the do's and don'ts in fashion for men at workplace.
1. Power dressing is the key to look elegant at workplaces.
2. Belts are given the least importance of all by men and they fail to make use of this elegant accessory.
3. Dressing up in style but not smelling good can put away all the hard work to dust.
4. Ties are an essential part of the men's wardrobe and it gives a complete look to their formal attire.
4. Invest in a good pair of Khakis and keep things formal even during weekend office wear.
Hair Styles for Men
A buzz cut is any of a variety of short hairstyles usually designed with electric clippers. Buzz cut styles include the butch cut, crew cut, flattop and ivy league.
A fringe, or bangs, is a shaped cutting of the front part of the hair so that it lies over the forehead.
A crop is a short hairstyle worn with the hair cut very close to the head. It is frequently sported by both men and women, though the style is usually only named as a crop when sported by a woman. Men entering the armed forces in many countries have their hair cropped during Recruit Training.
In 2013, medium length hairs are popular among men. They carry medium length hairs with a lot of latest styles and trends only just to look more smart, stylish and trendy. Some men’s also carry long hairs up to the ear’s length but they carry it with a unique hairstyle that look gorgeous and trendy also
Layered hair is a hairstyle that gives the illusion of length and volume using long hair for the illusion of length and short hair for volume, this way it is easy to style and manage. Hair is arranged into layers, with the top layers (those that grow nearer the crown) cut shorter than the layers beneath.
Women Body Shapes
The Triangle/Thyroid/Pear Body shape
The Rectangle / Lymphatic / Banana body shape
The Inverted Triangle/Android/Apple body shape
The Hourglass/ Gynaeoid body shape
The comfort zone is a behavioral state within which a person operates in an anxiety-neutral condition, using a limited set of behaviors to deliver a steady level of performance, usually without a sense of risk. A person's personality can be described by his or her comfort zones.
A comfort zone is a type of mental conditioning that causes a person to create and operate mental boundaries. Such boundaries create an unfounded sense of security. Like inertia, a person who has established a comfort zone in a particular axis of his or her life, will tend to stay within that zone without stepping outside of it.
To step outside their comfort zone, a person must experiment with new and different behaviors, and then experience the new and different responses that occur within their environment.
An attitude is an expression of favor or disfavor toward a person, place, thing, or event (the attitude object).
Prominent psychologist Gordon Allport once described attitudes "the most distinctive and indispensable concept in contemporary social psychology.”
Attitude can be formed from a person's past and present. Attitude is also measurable and changeable as well as influencing the person's emotion and behavior.
In lay language, attitude may refer to the distinct concept of mood, or be especially synonymous with teenage rebellion.
Women's General Fashion Tips
The "OUT" list (Women's Fashion tips on what not to wear) :
-wearing dresses with a matching hand-bag and hat
-only wearing your blazer/jacket with the pants/skirt it came with
-wearing chunky bangles and over-doing them
-matching your clothes, shoes, and hand-bag to a tee
-wearing a dress and showing panty-lines
-wearing copper jewelry
-wearing denim and mixing seasons/looks that don't work well together
-men who are dressed better than their woman and vice versa
-wearing leggins as a staple piece with very little else on
To be truly fashionable-it takes guts; you might want to throw in a little of being a risk taker too. Some people get stuck in a style-rut where they forget how to spruce their wardrobe up.
They stick to the same old tired look day-in and day-out, they never change their hair, their mind, or their style... boring! Let's mix it up a bit and take some risks, don't worry, you'll be fine. I'll be with you every step of the way.
For now, let's get started with my list of what's IN and what's OUT:
The "IN" list (Women's Fashion Tips about what to wear):
-wearing belts with dresses
-wearing blazers/jackets with dresses
-wearing chunky bangles that blend
-wearing a head-to-toe monochromatic look
-wearing spanx as a slip/undergarment for smoother lines
-wearing statement jewelry
-wearing denim and dressing it up
-wearing leggins with a bit more class
Common Fashion Mistakes
1. Not knowing your proper size which leads to ill-fitting...everything
2. Wearing athletic socks on non-athletic occasions
3. CONSTANTLY wearing powder blue or sky blue dress shirts
4. Wearing the wrong belt colors
5. Wearing anything on your hip (i.e. ID badges, cellphones, etc.)
6. Square-toed shoes
7. Improper Tie Length
Common Fashion Mistakes
1. Relying too heavily on the fashion media
2. Buying clothes that don't fit
3. Creating a mishmash wardrobe by buying odds and ends
4. Getting stuck in a style rut
5. Choosing the wrong undergarments
1. Have a plan. Check your closet and make a mental note of what you could use
2. Set a budget. Knowing you can only pay $100 for a dress ahead of time will help you sort through the racks quicker.
3. Start early. For special occasions allow yourself at least two weeks prior to the event to find the dress. You'll need extra time for shoes and accessories.
4. Dress for shopping. If you'll be looking for a special occasion dress, try to wear or bring undergarments (strapless bra, etc.) to go with the style.
5. Shop by yourself. If you really need a second opinion, put the item on hold and bring someone back with you later.
6. Keep a blind eye to sales and promotions. Stores put enticing promotional items at the front. Chances are you'll blow your budget right there unless you stay on task.
7. Accept a salesperson's help. You may be surprised by how much time you'll save you if you'll give them some direction about what you're shopping for.
8. Try it on. Walk, sit, bend in the clothes. Do they move easily? Are the seams pulling? Do zippers, buttons, etc. all function properly?
9. Use the three-way mirror. Get an honest look at your rear and side views. Watch for extreme panty lines (too-tight pants), bunched up waist (too big) or other tell-tale signs of an ill-fitting garment.
10. Check the care tags. If laundry concerns matter to you, then you may want to do this while browsing. Otherwise, see how much care the item is going to require.
11. Check the return policy. Many stores don't give cash back, just a store credit; but some mark sale items "final sale" which means you can't bring them back at all.
Never buy anything that doesn't fit perfectly. The only exceptions are pants/skirts that can be easily altered for length at the hem.
1. Right Cut
Go for baby-doll style clothes
Boot cut jeans and Wide trousers
2. Right Colors
No vertical stripes
Plain white or colored shirts
3. Right Accessories
Scarves and high cowl-neck tops
Lower heels and Dark colored boots
1. T-shirts with very short sleeves
2. Slight V necks
3. Flared mini skirts
4. Skinny jeans or super-tight pants
Take advantage of your bust size:
1. Wear more strapless tops and sheer shoulders
2. Try a dress with open sides
3. Wear a scarf or bandana as a top
4. Try a bandeau top
5. Look at backless gowns
6. Try clothing tailored to look masculine
7. Search out cropped jackets and boleros
Semi-fitted shapes that have open necklines and nipped-in waists. Shirt dresses, wraps and shifts fit the bill.
High, off-the-shoulder and boat neck lines; formless A-lines and tunics; full, gathered sleeves; and styles with wide belts.
• Draw the eye up with V-necks, scoop-necks and sweetheart necklines.
• Keep detailing on the top to a minimum.
• Try skirts with a slight flare to balance your bust and create motion.
• Choose soft fabrics with movement.
If you were born with a thick-ish waistline and abundant hips or are suffering a little from middle-aged spread, your body type is the bell. Make the best of this is by creating a balance. Clothes that create a broader shape at the shoulders work well, as do hip skimming tunics.
What to wear:
1. Do choose raglan style shirts. They downplay and soften your shoulders.
2. Do wear a narrow V-neck or scoop neckline to elongate the neck and draw the eye inwards.
3. Also long necklaces give a vertical look.
4. Wear dark on top and light on the bottom to help balance out a wider upper body.
5. I think the best advice for people with broad shoulders is to always think vertical and never horizontal.
What not to wear:
1. Don’t accentuate your shoulders by adding puffed sleeves, shoulder pads, detail work such as beading and glitter, or big collars.
2. Don’t wear boat necks or square necklines, they visually widen the shoulder area.
3. Turtlenecks and scarves are not flattering on broad shouldered women.
1. Make sure your skirt covers your kneecaps if your knees are unattractive.
2. If you have knock knees wear a skirt that is soft and floaty.
3. Wear ultra sheer nude hose combined with nude shoes to create a long lean line to your leg.
4. A flow-pleated skirt can hide knock knees.
5. Avoid skirts with a lot of pattern and detail, especially skirts with detail at the hemline. Put the color, pattern, any detail or embellishment near your face to draw the eye up.
6. Wear medium to high heels to elongate your legs. A lower vamp also elongates your leg, as do pointy vs round or square toed shoes.
7. Avoid ankle straps which cut you off at the ankle and make you look shorter.
8. Mid-calf skirts would work to cover your legs but we find most of them look dowdy after 40.
1. Follow a two-thirds-one-third rule.
2. Wear v-neck tops.
3. Wear monochrome outfits.
4. Wear figure-hugging clothes.
5. Wear vertical stripes.
6. Tuck in your shirts and blouses.
7. Wear a belt with the same color as your pants.
8. Wear heels.
9. Wear high-waist skirts and pants.
10. Wear a tight-fitting dress.
You can wear a fitted suit, even with a slim skirt, if you are bottom heavy. Just remember:
1. Keep the line long by using all one color with slim-cut pieces. It elongates and slims the figure.
2. Choose fitted jackets that end well above your widest point.
3. Wear a top or jacket with structured shoulders, puffy sleeves, etc. to balance out your larger bottom half.
4. Rely on a form-fitting, but never tight, skirt in a non-clingy fabric.
10. A prevailing custom, usage, or style, the prevailing style during a particular time.
White or very pale Skin tone
10. Fashion is a person devoted to fashion clothing, particularly unique or high fashion.
Bagon Dianne Arra
De Villa Arjean
Matira Allan Kenneth
Rodriguez Kristelle Kay
Avoid buying items you can't return for at least a store credit.
It's not a bargain -- even at 90% off -- unless you actually have some way to work it into your existing wardrobe.
1. He/she is informal a person who follows trends in the fashion industry obsessively and strives continually to adopt the latest fashions.
2. Looks that last through the ages and appear flattering on almost anyone.
3. a shaped cutting of the front part of the hair so that it lies over the forehead.
4.&5. Give Two(2) Global Fashion Cities
6. Someone who popularizes a new fashion.
7. It is considered an ideal body-shape and almost all kind of clothing suits this body shape.
8. Skin-type that always burns and never tans.
9. Women who are suggested to wear more strapless tops and sheer shoulders, dress with open sides are those who have _____________.
1. Power dressing is the key to look elegant at workplaces.
2. A crop is a short hairstyle worn with the hair cut very close to the head.
3. A person's personality can be described by his or her comfort zones.
4. Wearing belts with dresses is one of the IN list of the women in fashion.
5. Wearing dresses with a matching hand-bag and hat is one of the OUT list of the women in fashion.
6. Relying too heavily on the fashion media is a common fashion mistake of men.
7. Improper Tie Length is a common fashion mistake of women.
8. Having a plan is a fashion guideline which should not be followed.
9. Wear more strapless tops and sheer shoulders for women with flabby arms.
1. Skinny Stripes
2. Pencil Skirt
3. Long and lean Maxi dress with horizontal paneling
5. V-neck and Belt
6. Chain Necklaces
7. Solid-colored tanks under a navy or black blazer
8. Bright Scarf
1. Ditch Unshapely Plus Size Clothing Looks
2. Black Is Not the Most Flattering or Slimming Color for Fuller Shapes
3. Tapered Pants and Denim Jeans Don't Look Good on Any Woman, Plus Sized or Skinny
4. Avoid All Over, Jumbo Motifs in Your Dress Fabric
5. Large Size Petites Should Not Seek Tops, Jackets and Sweaters That Are Constructed To Rest Below the Hip
6. Don't Buy Plus Size Apparel That Are Too Small Or The Wrong Size
A woman with flabby arms would need to select a black dress that has a half or three quarter sleeve. If you choose a dress without sleeves then you can wear a shawl or bolero jacket over the dress. This will hide the problem part of the arms. Also, it would be a good idea to avoid poofy sleeves because this will not flatter the flabby arms.