Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Greek Theater
the greeks were known for inventing comedy,tragedy,and satires.
Greeks competed with each other for the title of best play. The winner would be the one with the best play and would receive a gold crown.
The Famous Greek Masks
Almost everyone has seen the greek masks but not everyone knows they were actually worn and had real purpose.
1. The audience in the back rows had a hard time seeing small facial details and so the greatly exaggerated face masks made it easy to understand the play.
2. Masks where also used to hide gender.
Men on the Stage
Most actors were men. They would use masks and dresses to cover their gender. actors in Greece rarely spoke but a choir narrated.
The Stage and Beyond
Greek stages were built on a hill side with a sage at the bottom and rows of benches proceeding up the hill. a theater was expected in every town.
Greek theater was a major part of ancient life. Even today we still see effects of greek culture in our arts. From dance to masks Greece was a prosperous culture.
Dance was a big part of greek culture and art. Though celebratory dances were many and frequent (present at everything from funerals to holidays) men and women only danced together in 2 dances.