Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Passive Voice
Transcript of The Passive Voice
Passive: The wheel was invented 4000 years BC. Sometimes the subject of the active sentence is also important , in this case we can keep it as the agent in the passive voice. Active: Lord Nelson won the battle of Trafalgar.
Passive: The battle of Trafalgar was won by Lord Nelson. Admiral Nelson, the one on top of his Column at Trafalgar Square in London and my son, the one with the hood Let me try with another example:
William Shakespeare wrote Hamlet The author is very important and the play too,
in this case we must talk about both in the Passive voice. Active: William Shakespeare wrote Hamlet
Passive: Hamlet was written by William Shakespeare How do we build the passive voice? The object of the active sentence becomes the subject of the passive one.
The verb to be must be in the same tense as the main verb of the active voice.
The main verb of the active sentence comes in the Past Participle.