Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fake Drowning "Death"
Transcript of Fake Drowning "Death"
The Several Day Search
The NCPD sent it's Bureau of Special Operations, it's marine unit, and a helicopter to search for Raymond Roth.
He reported that his father, Raymond Roth, was missing off the waters of Jones Beach.
...if he could believably fake his own death.
Raymond thought that his son and wife would be able to collect $410,000 in life insurance benefits to make a new life for himself in Orlando...
In South Carolina, two days after the NY State Park police were informed of the emails, Raymond was pulled over by police, and was identified by his license plate.
Raymond's wife, Evana, found emails from Raymond and Jonathan discussing how he was going to fake his death, on August 1st 2012.
What can you learn?
Is he dead?
On April 24th 2014, Raymond Roth was sentenced to 2 1/3 years - 7 years in jail. He had to pay over $36,000 in restitution to the Coast Guard and Nassau County police.
Raymond suffered the effects of staging his drowning, thinking he was going to make loads of money, instead receiving jail and a huge fine.