Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Christmas Tree
Transcript of The Christmas Tree
The evergreen became the symbol of the eternal life offered by Jesus.
The lights on the tree are reminiscent of God's light and life's spirit.
The star at the top quietly retells the story of the star of Bethlehem.
When you look at the decorations think of:
Red ornaments or ribbon: Jesus' sacrifice
Bells: ringing out of glad tidings (the "good news")
Bows: the ties that bind people together
Candy cane: shepherd's crook (to gather the lost lambs)
Wreaths: eternal love You and Me? Thus, the Christmas tree represents hope. It's needles and narrow crest point upward,turning our thoughts to Heaven. Because the tree is cut down and then erected again, it is a symbol of Christ's resurrection.Lord, may I see Christmas trees as a sign of hope and as reminders of the many trees that figure in salvation history. I thank you,Lord,for turning the tree of Adam and Eve's sin into the tree of life through the cross of Christ.because of the tree on which Christ died, You have given us the promise of eternal life.