Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Math8 Prezi
Carson Rates, Ratios, and Percentages Ratios Ratio: a comparison of the size of one number to the size of another number. Rate: a measure, quantity, or frequency, typically one measured against some other quantity or measure. Rates Percentages Percent: a way of expressing a number as a fraction of 100 Real Life Example:
Percentage Real Life Example:
Ratios Real Life Example:
Rates Japanese stock:
Honda Motor Co. rose 1.4 percent.
-Bussiness Week, January 10, 2012 For commercial or industrial sites to connect to the sewer, it will cost $3,824 per acre.
-abc newspapers, January 4, 2012
Five ways to represent ratios: 1. 2:3
2. 2 to 3
5. 67% The symbol for percent is %. Percents are ratios.
Unit Rate: A rate that has a denominator of 1. Compares one number to another. Taiwan's nurse-to-patient ratio will lowered from 1:4 to 1:3 starting next year.
-China Post, January1, 2012 A rate in our community.