Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Math8 Prezi
Carson Rates, Ratios, and Percentages Ratios Ratio: a comparison of the size of one number to the size of another number. Rate: a measure, quantity, or frequency, typically one measured against some other quantity or measure. Rates Percentages Percent: a way of expressing a number as a fraction of 100 Real Life Example:
Percentage Real Life Example:
Ratios Real Life Example:
Rates Japanese stock:
Honda Motor Co. rose 1.4 percent.
-Bussiness Week, January 10, 2012 For commercial or industrial sites to connect to the sewer, it will cost $3,824 per acre.
-abc newspapers, January 4, 2012
Five ways to represent ratios: 1. 2:3
2. 2 to 3
5. 67% The symbol for percent is %. Percents are ratios.
Unit Rate: A rate that has a denominator of 1. Compares one number to another. Taiwan's nurse-to-patient ratio will lowered from 1:4 to 1:3 starting next year.
-China Post, January1, 2012 A rate in our community.