Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Forces and Motion
Transcript of Forces and Motion
Velocity time graphs
How are velocity time graphs and distance time graphs different?
in your groups describe what the following show on a velocity time graph
vertical line straight down
down wards curve
Acceleration and deceleration
Ticker tape timers
one dot every 1/50 second
1 dot = 0.02 seconds
10 dots = 0.2 s
5 dots = 0.1 s
length of 5 dots/ 0.1= speed (m/s)
The piece of tape in the diagram is 5 SPACES long.
Each space is 1/50 s so five spaces will be 5/50 s or 1/10s.
So the piece of tape went through the timer in 1/10s. The piece of tape is 7 cm long.
If 7cm of tape go through in 1/10 s then 70cm will go through in 1 s.
The speed is then 70 cm/s.
which object is:
use the ticker tape to calculate the acceleration of the trolly down the lamp.