Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Proposal Presentation
Chui Chun Wai,Velda (3035182429)
Choi Yuet Ching,Clarice (3035091474)
Lam Hin Sang,Raymond (3035123679)
Woo Hoi Yee,Peonie (3035180926)
Lo Chun Hang,David (3035125158)
Company name: City of Light (CL) Ltd.
To introduce the use of solar energy and
make our environment better for the next generation
To provide solar devices to a large number of customers
Social cost to the society:
- Time cost
- Direct economic cost
- Congestion make the emission problem more serious
-cost ~4% of GDP to compensate the cost of congestion
A good model for other Chinese cities to follow
Scope of study
- Urban Problem: Traffic congestion
- Transportation Type: Road transport
- Targeted Area in Beijing: Urban area
- Period of study: 2007-2015
To investigate the causes of traffic congestion in Beijing.
To evaluate the government's approach to the problem.
To evaluate the effectiveness of the adopted policy.
Suggest some solutions to the problem.
Scope of study
1. Causes of traffic congestion and its impacts to society
2. Evaluation on government policies
3. Further suggestions
- Research methods:
- Primary: Interviewing Beijing citizens and people who have been to Beijing
- Secondary: Literature review on books and articles, statistical analysis
- Availability of data: book, journal article, news article, interview
Research plan and design
Products/services we offer
Solar panels for window, wall and rooftop,(curtain)
Installation and maintenance
Guo, J., Sun, M., Wang, T., Lu, L. (ed.) (2014). Transportation development and congestion mitigation measures of Beijing, China. Beijing Transportation Research Center.
Hua, S., Wang, J., & Zhu, Y. (2013). "Cause Analysis and Countermeasures of Beijing City Congestion ". Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 96, pp. 1426-1432.
IBM .(2011), "IBM Global Commuter Pain Survey: Traffic Congestion Down, Pain Way Up" ,http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/35359.wss#contact, (last accessed on 25 March 2015).
Mao, L. Z., Zhu, H. G., & Duan, L. R. (2012). "The Social Cost of Traffic Congestion and Countermeasures in Beijing. " Sustainable Transportation Systems, pp. 68-76.
Wang, L., Xu, J., & Qin, P. (2014). "Will a driving restriction policy reduce car trips?—The case study of Beijing, China. "Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Vol. 67, pp. 279-290.