Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"While the auto waits" by O. Henry
Transcript of "While the auto waits" by O. Henry
The story is about a poor girl who pretends to be rich while reading in the park, met a man who is in love with her. This man lies about himself, supposing to be poor. They both lie each other but non of them expose the lie.
Characters and characterization:
- Mr. Parkenstacker : Secretive; calm;careful.
- The Girl: Secretive;Dishonest;Ambitious;
Setting in time and place:
- In a park , New York.
- During the twilight.
- Calm, tense and hostile.
- "Hiding the through";
- "They pretend to be someone they are not";
- "Poverty vs richness".
Point of view:
- 3 rd Person - Omniscient.
Scene or Panoramic?:
- Mostly Panoramic
- Line : 8; 9; 169.
The veil and the "New Arabian Nights" book.