Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Role of MIS in Decision Making
Transcript of The Role of MIS in Decision Making
Prof. Rachandeep Singh
GSSDGS Khalsa College, Patiala "The Role of MIS in Decision Making"
21-22,Dec-2012 1. MIS
2. Decision Making & Types of Decision
3. Decision making process
4. Systems for supporting decisions
5. Conclusion MIS: Management Information System Contents A MIS i.e. Management Information System defines the relationship between these three primary components:
People (individuals, group or an organization)
MIS (Management Information System) refers broadly to a computer-based system that provides managers with the tools for organizing, evaluating and efficiently running their departments. DECISION MAKING Decision making is all about the picking of best one among the number of choices available.
Every decision making process results the final choice.
It can be an action or an opinion. TYPES OF DECISION DECISION MAKING PROCESS SYSTEMS FOR SUPPORTING DECISIONS Management Information System (MIS)
Decision-Support Systems (DSS)
Group-Decision Support Systems (GDSS)
Executive Support Systems (ESS) CONCLUSION MIS differ from regular information systems.
MIS is a subset of the overall planning.
MIS make it possible for organizations to get the right information to the right people at the right time by enhancing the interaction between the organization’s people.