Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
INTRO TO GEOGRAPHY
Transcript of INTRO TO GEOGRAPHY
Lithosphere: Land makes up a part of the Earth
30% of the Earths surface is land
Atmosphere: a layer of gases extending above the planets surface
Biosphere: Part of the earth that supports life
Continental Shelf: Underwater extension of the coastal plain.
Dead Sea: The lowest dry land point
Mount Everest: The highest point on the Earth.
Core: At the very center of planet is the super-hot but solid inner core
Mantle: Thick layer of hot dense rock
Why we need Geography
Faults: Plates grind or slide past each other
Ring of Fire: area with majority of earthquakes
Ground Water: Fresh water that lies beneath the Earth surface:
Hydrosphere: Ocean, lakes, rivers and other bodies of water
Erosion: Wears away the Earth's surface by wind, glaciers, and moving water
America is located on what hemisphere?
Draw a compass rose
Can you name the 7 continents?
How to read a map
proportional relationship between the measurements
shown on the map and the measurement of the earths surface
The key lists and explains the symbols
, colors and lines used on the map. The key is
sometimes called a legend
Shows the location
and topography, or
shape of the Earth's physical features.
boundaries and locations of political units
such as countries, states, cities and towns
1.The primer meridian is located where?
2. The equator is located where?
3. If I wanted to know where a city is located by its longitude and latitude that is called what?
4. Name all 5 Oceans
5. When we group together an area by similarity it is what theme?
emphasize a single idea
particular kind of information
about an area
Creepy and dangerous places around the world
Terms we use
Developed country (First World)
: Country that has a great deal of technology and manufacturing
: Country in the process of becoming industrialized
: Map Maker
: Plant Life