Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Psychology
Wilhelm wundt & Structuralism
Founding of Structuralism
"The Father of Psychology"
Born August 16, 1832 (Mannheim, Germany)
Died August 31, 1920 (Grobothen, Germany)
Medical degree at the University of Heidelberg
Studied under Johannes Muller and Hermann Von Helmholtz.
First psychology class
Institution for Experimental Psychology
Wilhelm Wundt with colleagues at the institution
Structuralism is the theory of mankind in which all elements of human culture, including literature, are thought to be parts of a system of signs.
Control over the human mind and behavior.
Edward B. Tichener
Main critique: Focus on introspection.
Relation & Impact to other
branches of Psychology
Heidelberg: Majored in Medicine
Early 19th Century German Psychology
Kant and his arguments