Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Africa Build Project
Transcript of Africa Build Project
is a Coordination Action aiming to support and develop advanced Centres of Excellence in health care, education and research in the African countries, through Information Technologies.
vision aims to address fundamental problems in health research and education in a low income geographical area like Africa, providing innovative solutions by optimizing and sharing resources through the use of novel technologies.
From a conceptual perspective
will provide the scientific, technological and financial support for developing centres of excellence in health education and research in Africa.
This project is supported by the EU's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7-ICT).
started 1st August 2011 and will run for a period of 36 months.
These activities will foster the capacities and scientific excellence in the African centres and will be the starting point for future collaborative developments that will ensure sustainability once the CA ends.
Experiences of the consortium in previous successful projects and initiatives will be used for the exchanges and initiatives proposed in this Coordination Action.
1. To analyze the state of the art in health research and
education in Africa. A Roadmap for future European
actions will be released.
2. To implement an IT-enabled, open and collaborative
infrastructure for education, training and knowledge
sharing for health researchers, developing virtual
communities of practice and a professional social
3. To develop and offer a large number of e-learning
courses, validated learning resources, methodologies
and supporting evidence for improving the education
capacities for health-focused centres of excellence in
4. To facilitate researchers’ mobility and participation in
local and international meetings.
5. To validate the AFRICA BUILD impact in pilot
research and education initiatives related to
reproductive health and HIV/AIDS research.
6. To disseminate outcomes in scientific conferences and
journals, media and workshops and conferences in
for more information:
on Facebook: AFRICA BUILD Project
aims to be a
support platform for
provides a complete set of
features linked with
, aiming to foster
* Massive Open Online Courses