Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Photography
"It Costs a Dollar a Month to Sleep in These Sheds" "No pig would have been content to live
in such a place without a loud outcry . . ." Battleground Alley
"In fifteen years I never knew a week to pass without a murder there . . . it was the wickedest, as it was the foulest spot in all the city." Public school "play ground"
Why was Riis's work absent from the Exposition? The Photography of Jacob Riis "These gangsters are the fellows that start out with the idea that the world owes them a living, and that they are going to collect it as easily as they can..." "In New York we put boys in foul, dark class-rooms, where they grow crooked for want of proper desks; we bid them play in gloomy caverns where the sun never enters." 1849-1914 19th Century Photography Hull House 1893 Photography at the
Chicago World's Fair STill to do . . .