Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
From Novice to Expert
Transcript of From Novice to Expert
Proficient Expert bawit_haha_bleh.com Patricia Benner the person has no background experoence of the situation in
which he/she is involved.
has difficulty discriminating between relevant and irrelevant
aspects of a situation. has sufficient experience to easily understand
aspects of the situation. CONSIDERS:
c. time management most essential in clinical learning
to become skilful, the competent nurse must
allow situations to guide responses. performer perceives the situation as a whole rather than in terms of aspects, and performance is guided by maxims.
performer identifies the most significant aspects and has a better understanding of the situation based on background understanding. last stage of Dreypus model
when the performer no longer relies on analytical principal like rules, guidelines and maxims to connect her understanding of the situation to an appropriate action.
ASPECTS OF THE EXPERT NURSE PRACTICE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Demonstrating a clinical grasp and resource-based practice
possessing embodied knowledge
seeing the big picture
seeing the unexpected