Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why Do Readers Choose/Abandon Books?
Transcript of Why Do Readers Choose/Abandon Books?
cool front cover
dust jacket sounds interesting
back cover information
characters from another book I like
next book in a series
love the author
teacher, librarian, friend, Bluebonnet book, Eagle book review
it's a movie!
new or popular
heard it read aloud before
one of your favorite books ever
Why Readers Abandon Books
don't like the characters
too similar to another book
found another book
don't like the genre right now
can't follow the plot
text is hard to read...
not what the author usually writes...
try again later!
How Readers Choose Books
what's happening? who are these people? huh?
Remember: You should finish almost every book you start - 9 out of 10.
Abandoning too many books?
1. Not choosing "just right books."
2. Quitting too soon. Give it a chance!
Fact: Mrs. Vetter has to shelve over 100 abandoned books a day! Help us save time!