Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unit 2 Lesson 8
Transcript of Unit 2 Lesson 8
Go to the corner that corresponds with your response to the statement
In your groups, share your ethnicities and the different ways in which your parents have helped you to appreciate them
One person from the group must take notes
If you disagreed with the statement, write the ways you could be more active participants in your cultures
A struggle or problem in a story
Central, or main, conflict helps to set a story in motion
Types of conflicts
About the Author
Get your Springboard book
Copy down the EQs
Write the "word of the day" in your dictionary
In your notebook, rate your agreement with the following sentence by selecting strongly agree, agree, disagree, or strongly disagree. Then, explain your choice.
My parents actively help me appreciate our family's cultural heritage.
Types of Conflicts
1. What is the relationship between mother and daughter? Provide evidence.
2. Generate questions about the text.
3. Annotate and circle words that you don't know.
Use your slip of paper to track the participation of your classmate throughout the week
You will track the same person for the rest of the week; if he or she is absent, write the date and "absent"
Finish up your accountable talk sheets.
Internal- within yourself; opposing needs or desires/emotions
I'm really hungry, but if I eat my snack now then I won't have a snack for the bus ride home.
External- between you and an outside force; may be a character, society, etc.
My mom told me I have to babysit my little brother on Friday night, but I want to go out.
Based on her background, what perspective towards ethnicity and culture do you expect from her?
Use prior knowledge and evidence from the text to answer your question
Discussion leader will take notes