Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
College Prep Presentation
Transcript of College Prep Presentation
Junior Year of High School
Setting Those Goals- Check list begins
Senior Year of High School
Accomplishing your Goals
C.A.R.V.E that GPA
- Counselors or Guidance Counselors
- Research colleges and their requirements
- Attend SAT/ACT prep courses (Exp. Kaplan review, School may offer classes)
- Visit colleges (Exp. College tours)
- Extracurricular Activities ( Sports, Clubs, Volunteering, Internships, apprenticeship, shadow a professional that interest you)
- good grades are a must!!! Exp. AP classes or try a college class
[ ] Registered for the SAT/ACT--> Send your Scores to the Colleges
[ ] Begin your Essays --> Applied to all colleges of your choice
[ ] Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
[ ] Recommendation Letters
[ ]Meet regularly w/ your counselors
[ ] Started the Financial Aid Application Process (FAFSA)
[ ] Scholarships
[ ] College Visits or College Fairs
[ ] be mindful of
[ ] Finished your FAFSA
[ ] Decide which college you wish to attend
[ ] Compare Financial Aid packages and scholarships offered between schools
[ ]Now you can relax and enjoy- PROM
*Financial Stability- Term bill, Awards, Loans
*Get a planner
*Make friends- Start a study group
*Figure out note taking
*Get involved w/ Campus Organizations
*Find a church
*Time Management- use time Wisely
Work extra hard during the week so you could have some free time on the weekend
Woo hoo, Freedom!!!
Words to Describe College?
For I Know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.