Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cuban Missile Crisis
Transcript of Cuban Missile Crisis
US stops buying their oil and sugar Operation Ortsac Training pro-US Cuban exiles
Plan for an invasion of Cuba by the USA Bay of Pigs - April 1961 Cuba looks to Russia for help Khrushchev US finds out about missiles USA's reaction Threatened
Their short range missiles could attack from Cuba JFK's 3 Options JKF televises discovery of missiles
Khrushchev backs out Quarantine - 1962 1. Attack
3. Quarantine Russia and US Agreements Russia withdraws missiles from Cuba
USA ends quarantine
USA will not attack Cuba Today Significance Success for Kennedy.
On the verge of a nuclear warfare
Need for closer international communication American President in 1961
Space Race, Cuban Missile Crisis, Bay of Pig Communist president in 1958.
Space Race, Cuban Missile Crisis, Bay of Pigs. Cuba in trouble:
- Cuba depends on it's oil and sugar industry, but USA isn't buying from them anymore
So makes a deal with Khrushchev:
- Russia will buy Cuba's goods, on the condition that Russia can place missiles in Cuba. Invasion was a failure
JFK embarrassed By Charlene and Eunice Just in case Obama Administration has liberated the travel restrictions
Religious institutions, universities and other cultural + educational groups are able to travel to Cuba.
More USA airports to run charter flights to Cuba. Castro raised an army
He returns + rebels
Operation Verano = failed
Batista flees Communist
Led a rebellion against Batista