Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Guided Notes for Respiratory System
Transcript of Guided Notes for Respiratory System
The body system that functions to get _______ into the body and to remove __________ and other wastes.
Nose Throat and Trachea
1). Air enters you ____ or mouth.
2). Cilia filter out dirt from the air.
3. Dirt and pollen trapped by ______.
4. Nasal cavity warms air.
6. _______ prevents air from entering stomach.
1). The trachea branches to form the ___________.
These tubes continue to branch off in each of lungs.
A _____ like system of baranches form.
2) At the end of the _______ or bronchi are the alveolar sacs called alveoli.
Oxygen from air enters the ______ here.
Carbon dioxide and other wastes pass from the ______ to the ______.
3) Alveoli sacs are _______ in blood vessels to make this excahnge of O2 and CO2 faster and easier.
Ribs _____ and protect the lungs.
The rib cage is flexible.
The diaphragm ________ across the bottom of the rib cage, directly below the lungs. - _________________
Inhale= diaphragm ________
Lungs push down while rib cage moves upward.
Air enter the lungs through the creation of a _________.
Diaphragm and Breathing
Affects the airways of the lungs.
During asthma attacks:
Airways ________ and narrow
Airways become inflamed
Mucus builds up
This leads to shortness of breath, coughing, and ________.
22 ______ people in America have asthma.
6 million are ________.
More and more people are born or develop asthma each year.
5. Air moves into the _______ and then down the _______.
COPD & Emphysema
Long-term disease of the lungs
Occurs when alveolar walls and associated blood vessels are destroyed
Hyperventilation occurs and can lead to heart failure
Approx 12 million Americans suffer from COPD/Emphysema
90% of diagnosis are due to smoking