Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
WPS: An Effective Execution Tool
Transcript of WPS: An Effective Execution Tool
Ulrich's Four Roles of HR:
WEEKLY PLANNING SYSTEM (WPS):
An Innovative Execution Tool
Uses and Benefits of WPS as a Tool
1. For Broader visibility of the organization
2. Tool for efficient follow through
3. Tool for catching people doing right
4. For coaching and mentoring
5. For effective communication
WPS: Alignment and Execution Tool
It’s one thing to come up with great strategies and goals, but it’s quite another to get them done. This is called the execution gap.
Less than 10% of strategies effectively formulated are effectively executed (Fortune Magazine)
Companies on average realize only 60% of the financial performance their strategies promise... more than one-third of executives surveyed placed the figure at less than 50% (Harvard Business Review).
70% of strategic failures are due to poor execution of leadership, it’s rarely the lack of smarts or vision (Ram Charan)
As Change Agent, HR helps make change happen and, in particular, helps it happen fast;
As Strategic Partner, HR helps turn strategy into results by building organizations that create value
Link and Align the organization around its strategy to create a “line of sight”
from “board room to back room”
(Kaplan and Norton)
Align Strategy with Operations
Wildly Important Goals
Lead Measures and Scoreboards
6. To be proactive
Recruit the right people and develop them to become highly competent and productive
Attain Best Practices on internal processes (operational excellence)
Attract customers and create “raving fans”
STRATEGY MAP (Kaplan and Norton)
Achieve breakthrough bottom-line (financial) results
7. To do first things first