Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Which holds more weight: Paper or plastic bags?
Transcript of Which holds more weight: Paper or plastic bags?
The Plastic bag will hold more weight
than the paper bag.
Because paper is a fragile material and plastic is more sturdy,
We think that paper will rip but the plastic will stretch and make it harder to rip.
Step 1: Get the paper and plastic bags ready.
Step 2: Place 1 weight at a time in each bag.
Step 3: Repeat Step 2 until a bag rips or breaks.
Step 4: Record how many weights each bag held when the bags rips or breaks..
Step 5: Test a couple more times to be more exact for the experiment.
Paper Bag Plastic Bag.
Experiment 1: 40 pounds over 48 pounds
Experiment 2: over 48 pounds over 48 pounds
Experiment 3: over 48 pounds 44 pounds
Experiment 4: 44 pounds over 48 pounds
Experiment 5: over 48 pounds over 48 pounds
Our hypothesis was right. The plastic bag averaged higher than the paper bag on how much pounds it held. Therefore, the plastic bag can hold more weight than the paper bag.
By Elliot Reason, Nao Furukawa, David Jiang
Which holds more weight: Paper or Plastic bags?