Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Clutches & Couplings
Transcript of Clutches & Couplings
The clutch is a way of enabling two shafts or rotating elements to be connected or disconnected while at rest or in relative motion.
To be able to handle the maximum torque of the system and be able to disengage completely to allow one shaft to move relative to the other
Some clutches allow movement in only one direction
There are three principles in the way power is transmitted from one shaft to another. . . . . .
1. Positive Engagement
3. Wedging Action
Which is which?
Activation of a clutch...
There are 4 main methods of operation