Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Properties of water
Transcript of Properties of water
The chemical composition of water is H2O - two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. Water has special properties because of the way these atoms bond together to form a water molecule, and the way the molecules interact with each other.
Adhesion and Cohesion are properties of water.
Cohesion is the property of like molecules (of the same substance) to stick to each other due to mutual attraction.
Adhesion is the property of different molecules or surfaces to cling to each other. For example, solids have high cohesive properties so they do not stick to the surfaces they come in contact.
The four important properties are cohesion,water absorbs and releases heat,high floats on water,water as a solvent
Water is the only natural substance that can exist in all three states of matter - solid, liquid, and gas - at the temperatures normally found on Earth.