Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Aboriginal Voices
Views "uncivilized man" as innately good, without the corrupting influences of society.
Understood as simple, good, and free from social pressures.
E. Pauline Johnson
Read the short story, and answer this question:
How does the author complicate the trope of the noble savage?
Whole human beings are never simple.
Aboringal societies are/were not simple, or free of social structures and pressures.
Can you think of other examples where this trope is used?
E. Pauline Johnson and the "Noble Savage"
Choose 1 of the two poems, and discuss with a partner the images and use of the "noble savage" trope.