Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
the financial cockpit
Transcript of the financial cockpit
WHITH CFI`S LATES ANNUAL REPORT IN HAND SHE CALCULATED THE FIVE DUPONT RATIOS, USING THE FOLLOWING FORMULA
What recommendations can Keys Jill give us on good management method that was used, the main objectives and techniques created that used to verify the fundamental differences in financial results and as brought this information to the company
RETURN ON SALES (ROS):
ASSET TURN OVER=
SALES / AVERAGE TOTAL ASSETS (TA)
NET INCOME(NI) / SALES
RETURN TO ASSETS (ROA)
NET INCOME (NI) / AVERAGE TOTAL ASSETS
FINANCIAL LEVERAGE TA
AVERAGE TA / AVERAGE OWNERS` EQUITY (OE)
RETURN ON EQUITY (ROE)
NI / AVERAGE OE
1) ¿Wich of the nine companies
used its assets most productively?
Dell- Asset intensive
type of bussines
2) ¿Which of the companies used debt most aggressively in financing its operaations?
3) Which comany`s ROE would be the most attractive to investors, and how was it generate?
Assets that were used were used correctly
4) ¿ Which company change the most in how it generated ROE results for investors from Year 1 to Year 5?
5) ¿ Did any of these company change for the worse in how it generated ROE results for investors from Year 1 to Year 5?
because these company dropped slightly in asset turnover
P & G and Yahoo!
P&G= The financial leverage and asset turnover decreased
Yahoo= ROS dropped significantly
6) What other data and sources of information would be important to tap into order to more fully flesh out the story depicted by these DuPont ratio amounts and trends?
In the next case we discuss the Dupont method. About the problems we hace, we will discuss 3 of them and find the best answer for the justification and reach a suitable solution for the company grows favorably.
Data collection of relations of the companies belonging to the same industry, as in the case Jill used them to understand a little more and compare it with the company