Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The very basics of SEO explained in 12 slides
Transcript of The very basics of SEO explained in 12 slides
The best practices
1. If you buying links make them 'no follow' (that applies to affiliate links, paid blog posts, give aways on 3th party sites,...)
2. If you want to link to the website with 'follow' link make sure that:
- there is a small number of links (1-2)
- anchor text has variations (for example: voga, voga.com, voga.com/fr, designer furniture)
- there is good content justifying linking
- links are not going only to the homepage, but to product pages/ categories
- there is link to the other sites (with the high Page Rank)
What is SEO?
SEO stands for “
Search Engine Optimization
”. It’s the process of
from the “
”, or “natural”
on search engines.
Search Engines & Goals
Goal of search engines is to
provide accurate answers to searcher's queries
To achieve this, they want
unique, high quality content
to appear in the search results that meets searcher's intent
Google or Bing define "High quality" by
over 200 ranking factors
The Google algorithm,
that defines who is going to rank high, is
are supposed to be a
(+ they change almost constantly).
However some important factors have been unveiled through ongoing tests and case studies.
On-site SEO factors
do influence ranking of a site in the search results of a search engine (among others)
of a website
quality and uniqueness
of the content
between pages on your site
• Description of images
• user-friendliness of
Technical SEO aspects
The On-site SEO starts with website
Is the site accessible for the Search Engine?
How "clean" is the code
How long does it take to load tags and elements (
Is the site mobile friendly
Content SEO aspects
Optimizing the actual content on the site
valuable and unique
is the content
How clear is the structure (title, subtitle,...)
How good is UX and
on your site (ex. CvR for E-Commerce)
On-site vs. Off-site SEO
Optimization of your own site (technical and content wise)
Gaining popularity on the web (digital PR & Social Media)
Both aspects are
in achieving the goal of higher rankings
Off-site SEO factors
do influence the ranking of a site in the search results of a search engine (among others)
• The number of
• Engagement on
Channels (Interactions like Shares, Comments, Likes)
Backlinks to our site
Backlinks are links that are directed towards our website (also called inbound links)
In general the number of
backlinks is an indication of the popularity or importance of the website.
When search engines calculate the relevance of a site, they consider the number of quality inbound links to that site.
is one of the most important factors in off-site search engine optimization
Value of links
Search engines use many metrics to determine the value of the external links. Some of these metrics include:
of the linking domain
of the linking page
of the content between the source page and our page
used in the link
amount of links
to the same page on the source page
amount of domains
that link to the our page
amount of variations
that are used as anchor text to link to the target pages
Follow and nofollow links
A no follow link is a link that does not count as a point in the page’s favor, does not boost PageRank, and does not help a page’s placement in the SERPs.
<a href="signin.php" rel="nofollow">sign in</a>
The purpose of this presentation is to give new-starters
an idea of SEO and its principles in 2015