Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Knowing Humans 2
Transcript of Knowing Humans 2
The nature of evil (PART 2) - line of defence
It wasn't me... It was the situation!
BBC Prison Study
A personality style characterized by deference to people in authority, and disdain and hostility towards people who are seen as inferior.
In the BBC Study:
The mean score of participants selected for the study was 2.81.
The mean score of other applicants was 2.93
It wasn't me... I was just following rules and orders!
Blue eyes experiment (1970)
It's either us or them!
Of one men
Of one man + a group
The Third Wave
- Ron Jones's history class that went out of control
Authoritarianism increased significantly (for both Guards and Prisoners) as the study progressed.
While at the start of the study those who subsequently became New Guards were significantly more authoritarian than the Communards, this was not the case at the study’s end.
Situations overwhelm individuals