Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Germany
Germany is located at exactly
It is surrounded by Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Luxemburg, and Poland.
Some famous landforms in Germany are the Forest Uplands, the Harz Mountains, and the Rothaargebirge Mountains.
You might know some of the names of these places in Germany such as Berlin, Dusseldorf, Munich, and Leipzig.
Surprisingly, it is only about the size of Montana.
The capital of Germany is called Berlin and is also the most populous city in Germany.
Germany also has a few famous rivers such as the Rhine, Elbe, Main, and the Danube.
The current population in Germany is 80.62 million people.
The climate there is warm Summers and cold Winters. It reaches about 38* in Winter and it gets to about 78* in Summer.
There aren't too many single family homes in Germany. It's because they can't be bothered by yard work and upkeep so they rent.
Typical housing in Germany
is a famous landmark forest that is a mountainous region, full of pines and fir trees.
Germany cares a lot about their environment and nature.
They are all about protecting their wildlife which is why they have 97 nature reserves.
Even though they put in great effort to their wildlife, many still are at risk of extinction.
In their preserves, wetlands along the coast are important stop over points for migrating birds.
The Movement in Germany
Most people in Germany travel by public transportation like buses, trains, trams, subways, etc. The car is the most common.
They like to travel by motor vehicle so much that 70% of their roads are a highway where there is no speed limit called the Autobahn.
Trains are very popular too. Going up to 180 M.P.H., It can get you to many places in Germany with great speed.
They have known air liners too. German wings is a known airplane that takes you from Germany to just about anywhere in Europe. There has been a recent crash into the Alps on a round trip from Spain.
This is the Autobahn in Germany
The green dot to the red dot is the
is a long highway that goes from Frankfurt to Hannover in Germany. What is so special about it is that 60% of the highway has no speed limit. The other 40% is between 60 and 75 m.p.h. because there is heavier traffic or it is getting closer to a city.
Obviously, the main language in Germany is German.
They have a very high literacy rate (reading and writing) of 99%.
Most Germans are Christians but 34% are Protestant And 34% are Catholic.
Surprisingly, they have over 25,000 castles!
Germany is also known as the "Land der Dichter und Denker" which means
The Country of Poets and Thinkers.
Germans love museums, concerts, theaters.
They also love sports such as soccer, tennis and skiing.
Most Germans eat foods like meats (pork, beef, veal, fish) potatoes, and pasta, and breads (bread, rools, pretzels, cakes)
They export foods such as sauerkraut, semmelknoedel, spargel, black forest cake, weisswurst - breakfast sausage, stollen, lebkchon - cakes, biscuits, and wine/beer.
Germany has its own national holiday called Unity Day. It was first celebrated on October 3, 1990.
It is located in the western and the central regions in Europe.
Map of Germany
Germany's central and southern regions have forested hills and mountains that cut through the Danube, Main, and Rhine river valleys.
In the north, the landscape flattens out to a wide plain that stretches to the North Sea.
Castle in Germany
What sauerkraut looks like
The Government and Economy
There is one type of government in Germany. It is the constitutional government.
Even though Germany has the 3rd largest economy in the world and the largest in Europe, its GDP declined in the 1970's.
Since its reunification in 1990, Germany has seen an annual growth of only 1.5%.
Its best performance since reunification was in 2000 with a growth of 3%.
Germany is the 3rd largest exporter and importer in the world according to the European Union's international trade.
Important Moments in the History of Germany
Protestant church records begin in Nurnberg in 1524.
WWI starts in 1914 against France, Great Britain, Russia, and North America.
Shortly after, WWII started in 1939 under the rule of Hitler against North America.
Animals in Germany
In Germany there are some known animals such as migratory birds, foxes, wolves, and deer.
Thank You for watching my presentation and I hope you enjoyed it!