Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Religion Review: Buddhism
Transcript of Religion Review: Buddhism
Short & Sweet:
Approx. 600 BCE
Small kingdom in the southern Himalayas - located near present day Nepal.
The Four Noble Truths
The Eightfold Path
4 Noble Truths
1. Life is full of suffering.
2. People suffer because they
desire worldly things and self-
3. The way to end suffering is to
stop desiring things.
4. The only way to stop desiring
things is to follow the Eightfold Path.
Umm...okay. So what's the Eightfold Path?
Okay, I get it!
Buddhism, in its simplest form, does not believe in a deity, so often it is considered a philosophy not a religion.
So then how did it spread??
Buddhist teachers and
merchants spread their ideas of
Buddhism throughout south
Not a place, but a state of mind in which the spirit is free from all suffering and wordly desires.
So what did you learn?
Copy and paste this url to check your knowledge!