Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Orientation , training and development
Transcript of Orientation , training and development
Hj. Idzhar Azman
Orientation, Training & Development
Employee orientation provides new employee with basic background information about the firm.
Purpose of Orientation
Make them feel welcome
Understand the organization
Know what is expected in work and behaviour
Begin the socialization process
The Orientation Process
Training employee on special off-the -job equipment
The process of teaching new employees the basic skills they need to perform their jobs.
BENEFITS OF TRAINING
1) Increased job satisfaction and morale employees
Managerial On-The-Job Training
Moving a trainee from department
to department to broaden his or her
experience and identify strong and
TYPES OF TRAINING
1. ON THE JOB TRAINING
Occur when employee are be trained in a work place.
2. OFF THE JOB TRAINING
Occur when employee are taken away from their place of work to be trained.
The trainee works directly with a senior manager
Management trainees are allowed to work full-time analyzing and solving problems in other departments
People become skilled workers through a combination of classroom instruction and on-the -job training.
JOB INSTRUCTION TRAINING
It is a step-by-step training for employee. (listing each job's basic tasks)
Performing their jobs in on a daily basis. (2/3 industry training)
Training & Methods
ON THE JOB TRAINING
Having a person learn a job by actually doing the job
AUDIOVISUAL BASED TRAINING
Company organization and operations
Safety measures and programs
Effort that is oriented more towards broadening an individual's skills for the future responsibilities.
2) Increased employee motivation
3) Increased efficiencies in processes, resulting in financial gain
4) Increased capacity to adopt new technologies and methods
5 STEPS TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Evaluation and follow-up