Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Thyroid
*Largest endocrine gland in the body
*The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland that sits low on the front of the neck and lies below the Adam’s apple. The thyroid has two side lobes, connected by a bridge (isthmus) in the middle.
*Thyroid hormones influence:
(During infancy and childhood, adequate thyroid hormone is crucial for brain development)
The thyroid’s job is to make thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism) , which are secreted into the blood and then carried to every tissue in the body.
There are several different disorders that can arise when the thyroid produces too much hormone (hyperthyroidism) or not enough (hypothyroidism).
Hashimoto's disease, Graves' disease, goiter, and thyroid nodules.
4 Common Disorders
-pain/stiffness in joints