Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Prezi - Introduction to Drama (notes)
Transcript of Prezi - Introduction to Drama (notes)
Whoooo... knows about DRAMA?!
"The Miracle Worker"
What is a drama?
literature meant to be performed in front of an audience
consist mainly of
written conversation between two or more characters
directions to help production
Stage directions are used in several ways:
1. how to move or read
2. sound effects and music
3. lighting and design
Stage directions and dialogue help the reader:
understand the playwright's purpose as well as theme of the play.
is the oldest form of
Three essential ingredients of a drama are:
Plays are written to appeal to
the ___________, as well as the
___________ and _____________ of
Therefore, ____________ should be ___________
and _______________, _______________ and
Important things to remember about plays:
1. a playwright usually provides the audience with:
A. setting - time & place
2. The climax of the play is the
moment of highest intensity
3. a play normally ends with
the resolution of the conflict.
4. a playwright makes effective use of
_______________to emphasize the meaning
5. Sound effects can be as
important as ______________.
When we read ________________ we should
remember to try and ______________ them
in our minds.