Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Living in a Rural Area
Transcript of The Advantages and Disadvantages of Living in a Rural Area
By: Maya Dhanjal
- No crowded buildings
- Barely any pollution
- No traffic!!!
- No noises of traffic
- No sounds of people talking or any other urban sounds
-Lots of private free space (e.g. 12.23 acres of private property)
- Access to resources that urban areas have
- Clean water systems
- Can supply your own resources as well (e.g. growing a vegetable garden)
Learning New Things
- Learn how to take care of the amount of land
- Learning how to use certain equipment, such as tractors
- Taking care of rural land can help build up responsibility
Recreation & Safety
-More room to have fun outside
- Activities like A.T.V-ing are much easier
- Low to no crime rate
-Children are safe and don't have to worry about lots of cars
What is a rural area?
A rural area is an area with lots of free land and barely any pollution or other attributes that you would get in a city.
The Advantages of Living in a Rural Area
The Disadvantages of Living in a Rural Area
-Little to no public transportation access
- More difficult to access other public services, such as...
Limited Public Services
Limited to no easy access to services such as...
- Theaters & other entertainment
- Police & Fire Departments
- Sometimes being in a rural area will have some, surprises, for you, such as...
- Ferocious rabbits
- Rural houses can cost more than urban and suburban houses
- Costs more for water and electrical bills due to the location that they are being used in
- Equipment needed to use to take care of land can be costly
Final Thought on Living in a Rural Area
Overall, I think that despite all of the disadvantages and responsibility needed for a rural area, they are great, safe, and adventurous places to live in.