Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Living in a Rural Area
Transcript of The Advantages and Disadvantages of Living in a Rural Area
By: Maya Dhanjal
- No crowded buildings
- Barely any pollution
- No traffic!!!
- No noises of traffic
- No sounds of people talking or any other urban sounds
-Lots of private free space (e.g. 12.23 acres of private property)
- Access to resources that urban areas have
- Clean water systems
- Can supply your own resources as well (e.g. growing a vegetable garden)
Learning New Things
- Learn how to take care of the amount of land
- Learning how to use certain equipment, such as tractors
- Taking care of rural land can help build up responsibility
Recreation & Safety
-More room to have fun outside
- Activities like A.T.V-ing are much easier
- Low to no crime rate
-Children are safe and don't have to worry about lots of cars
What is a rural area?
A rural area is an area with lots of free land and barely any pollution or other attributes that you would get in a city.
The Advantages of Living in a Rural Area
The Disadvantages of Living in a Rural Area
-Little to no public transportation access
- More difficult to access other public services, such as...
Limited Public Services
Limited to no easy access to services such as...
- Theaters & other entertainment
- Police & Fire Departments
- Sometimes being in a rural area will have some, surprises, for you, such as...
- Ferocious rabbits
- Rural houses can cost more than urban and suburban houses
- Costs more for water and electrical bills due to the location that they are being used in
- Equipment needed to use to take care of land can be costly
Final Thought on Living in a Rural Area
Overall, I think that despite all of the disadvantages and responsibility needed for a rural area, they are great, safe, and adventurous places to live in.