Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Elmwood College
3. Suppose the development budget is tight. How might that affect the fact-finding process?
2. Describe an advantage for each technique.
The school is considering a new system that will speed up the registration process. As a system analyst, you are asked to develop a plan for fact-finding.
4. What are five important questions to use during fact-finding?
Survey / questionnaire
Produces high quality information
Information collected is quite accurate and reliable
Observes and understand the flow of work
Survey / questionnaire
Easy to administer
Responses tabulated and analysed quickly
Compare/review other system
Analyze similar problems
Less information gathered
How the old system works
Sample of forms
1. How would you advise the project leader?
3. The JAD project leader asked for advice about how to get the first session started. How would you reply?
2. Who should be on the JAD team, and what would be their roles as team members?
You are an IT advisor to a JAD team that is studying a new inventory system. The proposed system will provide more information and faster updates, and automatically monitor fast- or slow-moving items. Some controversy exists about whether to use an on-site or off-site location for the JAD sessions.
4. You invited the senior vice president to the opening JAD session, but she says she is quite busy and might not be able to attend unless it is really important. What would you say to her?
JAD Session 1
if JAD team is local, it is not our culture to have off-site location.
Language barrier might be an issue.
System analysts & other IT staff members
Ice breaking session
It is important to have top-level management support for the project and it will be very helpful to the team if she would give her professional feedback and opinions on the project.