Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Theme - What's the Big Idea?
Transcript of Theme - What's the Big Idea?
universal, applies to all of us
The author tells what the THEME is. Fables give the THEME at the end.
You have to use the setting and events to find the THEME. Most stories are like this.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I know the theme is ___________________ because the text says ________________.
What did the characters learn?
How did the Characters grow or change?
Why did the characters act this way?
When you know the theme:
What do you think the theme of this show is after listening to the theme song?
5. What Happened to Cass McBride
In this gripping, psychological page-turner, Cass McBride has only a walkie-talkie to save her when she is buried alive.
Theme: Survival can depend on your critical thinking skills.
Theme: Things are not always as they appear.
1. Match all the summaries with the correct theme.
2. Double check that the theme is right, can you find evidence in the summary?
3. SHOW ME where the theme is implied in the text. HIGHLIGHT IT!
If you have never seen or heard of this show, what would you think the show was about just from listening to the theme song?
Duck Dynasty follows a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream who stay true to their family values and lifestyle while maintaining a thriving business.
With your group:
Based on this show summary come up with the theme for a new theme song for "Duck Dynasty".
Every picture tells a story...
What is the theme of the story this picture is telling?
Judge a book by its cover!
If you saw this book on a shelf, what would you guess the theme of the story within would be? Why?
Scene cannot be longer than 5 minutes
Everyone in your group must participate
You must fill out your Actor Preparation Guide
You may want to write a script
Groups will be chosen at random to perform, so everyone needs to be ready to go tomorrow!