Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Biokraftstoffe
sugar beets/sugar cane
Negative aspects of biofuel
1st Generation fuel
Positive aspects of biofuel
However often production in foreign countries
high CO2 - footprint
no ecological-minded production (usage of fertilizer, pesticides)
tank or plate?
"bio" doesn't mean ecological
"bio" = made out of
Different types of biofuel
2nd Generation fuel
3rd Generation fuel
oil fuel (rape-oil)
made out of the fruits/seeds
made out of biomass
made from microorganisms e.g. algees
not marketable yet!
production of fuel in the "own" country
independence of fossil fuels and of the arabic market
"less" CO2 emissions
short CO2 circulation)
better image for the fuel and car industry
grain - Getreide
sugar beet/-cane - Zuckerrübe/-rohr
rapeseed - Raps
mash - Brei
yeast - Hefe
fermentation - Gärung
Biofuels in Germany
biofuel with bad CO2-footprint
- energy intensive agriculture
- inefficient transformation to usable fuel
biofuel made of palm/soya oil ?
- 2008 GREENPEACE analysis:
global farmland competition: "food" vs. "biomass"
higher grain/food prices!
Smart biofuel production
slurry - Gülle
oil mill - Ölmühle
Production of bioethanol