Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sentence Fragments and Run-On Sentences
Transcript of Sentence Fragments and Run-On Sentences
and Run-On Sentences Sentence Fragments are incomplete sentences.
Usually, fragments are parts of a sentence that have become disconnected. Sentence Fragments 1. She stormed across the room. Leaving all of her clothes behind.
She stormed across the room, leaving all of her clothes behind. Examples of Sentence Fragments A run-on sentence is when two or more independent clauses are combined without correct punctuation. Run-On Sentences 1. Johnny went to the park he played with his friends.
Johnny went to the park. He played with his friends. Examples of
Run-On Sentences One way to correct fragments is to remove the period from between the fragment and the main clause. 2. Madison needs to get new rain boots. Because the ones she has now have holes in them.
Madison need to get new rain boots, because the ones she has now have holes in them. 2. Jayci's phone was dead she forgot to charge it last night.
Jayci's phone was dead because she forgot to charge it last night.