Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of SCIENCE
1998 NAGPRA, the Conflict between Science and Religion, and the Political Consequences. Bulletin 16(5), Society for American Archaeology, Nov. The scientific method ...leads to scientific truths-- statements about the world with a high probability of being true. Observation: Gathering information relative to a problem—”data.” Seeking patterns within data. Generalization Theory Explanation: Why something occurs. Prediction: Under what conditions is it likely to occur again Correlation: http://www.socialresearchmethods.net/kb/statcorr.php A correlation is a statement about the relationship between two variables.
The fact that two variables exhibit a degree of correlation does not necessarily imply cause and effect. The correlation may be spurious
The lack of a high school diploma correlates with a higher death rate.
Does the lack of a diploma somehow cause one to die earlier? Doing science: correlation Truth in science comes only from the application of the scientific method SEEKING "TRUTH"