Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Volleyball
-Created in 1895 by William G. Morgan in Holyoke, Massachusetts
-Made up of basketball, tennis, baseball, and handball
-Originally named "mintonette" until professor proposed the name "volleyball" noting the volleying nature of play.
Rules and Regulations
-Each volleyball team consists of a minimum of six players
-Team chosen to serve by coin toss
-Opposing team must use combination of 3 contacts with ball to return to opponents court
-2 sets to 25 points in a game, UNLESS each team wins a set, then 3rd set
-3rd set to 15 points
-Team must be 2 points ahead to win game
4-2 formation: 4 hitters and 2 setters
- ankle sprains
-First contact = bump/pass to setter
-Second contact = set (by setter) using wrists to push fingertips at ball to attacker
-Third contact = spike (by attacker)
6-2 formation: 6 hitters and 2 setters
5-1 formation: 5 hitters and 1 setter
- patellar tendinitis (inflammation of tendon that connects kneecap to tibia/shin bone)
- finger sprains
- rotator cuff tendinitis (inflamation of a tendon or tendons in the shoulder)
- low back pain
-2011-2013 Domestic Competition Regulations by Kinda S. Lenberg and Rick Laskey
-Defensive team = jump and reach above net to block attacked ball
-Other defensive players attempt to control ball with dig (forearm pass of hard-driven ball)
-After good dig, moves to offense