Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Where are Carbohydrates found in a cell
Transcript of Where are Carbohydrates found in a cell
Carbohydrates are found on the outer surface of all eukaryotic cell membranes and are attached to mostly the membrane proteins & sometime phospholipids.
Extra Facts: Protein carbohydrates attached are called glycoproteins and phospholipids carbohydrates are glycolipids
What 3 meals of the day have carbohydrates??
Breakfast: eggs, bacon, fruits
Lunch: (sandwiches) wheat, meats, lettuce
Dinner: steak and veggies
What Elements Comprimise the Macromolecule?
- Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen(mainly sugers)
Also different arrangements of these elements
What Subunits Build Carbohydrates?
Why are they important to our bodies?
-Provides energy for working muscles
-Provides fuel for central nervous system
-Enables fat matabolism
-Prevent proteins for being used for energy
-Perferred source/ fuel for muscle contraction& biological work