Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Gandhi Heritage Portal
Transcript of Gandhi Heritage Portal
Gandhi Heritage Portal
The project is jointly coordinated by the Sabarmati Ashram Preservation and Memorial Trust (SAPMT), Ahmedabad and supported by Ministry of Culture, Government of India
It has all Text, Audio, Video, Pictures and Manuscripts of Gandhiji and those related to him as a person and his works and thought and historical places and events related to his life
Besides being a storehouse of authentic information about Gandhiji, the Portal should serve the needs and requirements of specific audiences like:
Youth & Kids
To provide a platform for interaction among Gandhian experts and between youth and Gandhian experts
Creating User Interface
Should be neat, clean and light weight
Should represent aesthetic value of Gandhiji
Should follow technical standards W3C & WCAG 2.0 AA
Careful identification of huge authenticated data and have possession of it to have it on Portal
Digitization of the data without any loss in terms of content
Careful examination of each and every content before going live
Software development of portal
Should be in open source Drupal plus MySql
Should have enough capability to handle huge volume of data
No sacrifice if we talk about performance
Challenges building-up Portal
RFP was floated after finalizing requirements by Portal Office in consultation with Infosys
Seven offers were received and Silver Touch was selected after due considerations and processes
Open source technology was chosen and Drupal plus MySql combination was selected after various considerations
Weekly reviews were done during complete life cycle of development of the portal to ensure quality and timely completion
Software package went through testing by Internal & External experts
Also, software package went through Security Audit by Internal and External (per NIC requirement) experts
Development of software
Content committee has been formed to provide overall guidance for identification of content. A Chief Editor has been appointed
Careful identification of the content has been done to ensure authenticity and integrity of content
Content is been categorized to place them under different modules of the portal
Processes for digitization adopting standards of library of congress, USA were used and applied to each content e.g. books, text, images containing texts, photos, audio-videos etc.
Processes of 100% Quality Check is been defined to form correct digitized content
Digitized content were made web ready and stored on in-house server with back up on LTO
Content has been deployed on live portal at NIC server
Background of the GHP
Graphical User Interface
Infosys agreed to provide assistance in development of GUI
A team of Infosys assisted in designing concept theme including colors to be used, fonts & their size, spacing & margins, overall representation of content etc.
They also helped to define requirements and finalizing RFP
They continued to provide their support to Technical Advisory Committee
Status of the Portal as on today...
GUI is completed
Development of software V 1.0 is done and deployed for live
Future up-gradation plans
1. Up-gradation in terms of:
a. User Interface
c. Search Engine Optimization to make site available to users across boundaries
2. Languages: Portal should be available at least in following languages other than English:
c. UN languages
3. Special sections for:
4. Integration with Social Media and features like webinars etc.
5. Availability of portal on portable device
a. Developing mobile device app
b. Compatibility of web application for mobile device
a. Hindi & Gujarati CWMG based on index
7. Interlinking of various section of content e.g. CWMG, Journals, Photos, Videos etc.
8. Making site OCR enabled to have real search power
b. English books other than CWMG
c. OCR for Hindi and Gujarati content
9. Download of various content (need to decide policy)
1. Adding more data to every existing modules of the portal e.g. more than 6 lac pages in Journals, thousands of photos, videos, audios, books to key text, fundamental works and other books sections
2. Adding information of each family member in Family Tree
3. Adding Gandhi Heritage sites with required data e.g. write ups, photos, Video etc.
4. Make available of sections of Coins, Sculptures and adding data to it
5. Adding Manuscripts