Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Two Kinds 1
Transcript of Two Kinds 1
: Create a new document in Drive called
Two Kinds 1
. Think about a time you felt pressured. In a well-developed paragraph (including a topic sentence and 3-4 supporting sentences) explain why you felt pressured and how you reacted. "I don't know" or "I've never been pressured" are not acceptable answers.
Now share your answers with the class, while I chart your responses.
Now let's discuss your
for this quarter.
: How might knowing about the
before we begin the unit influence the way you read the stories?
In the LOL textbook, use your table of contents to locate
In your Google Doc, complete the following
Why do many parents have
for their children? What effect might those
have on the children?
Let's read. Follow along while I read aloud.
What is happening in the story?
Who are the characters? What do we know about them? How do we know?
: Do you think Jing-Mei's mother is putting too much pressure on her? Explain your answer with
evidence from the text
1. prodigy - (n) a young person who is exceptionally talented
2. indignity - (n) a loss of dignity or honor
3. reproach - (n) blame; criticism
4. ream - (n) a unit usually used to measure paper; typically 500 sheets of paper in one package
5. reverie - (n) a daydream
6. discordant - (adj) having a disagreeable sound
7. lament - (v) to express grief or deep regret
8. devastate - (v) to destroy or overwhelm
9. fiasco - (n) a complete failure
10. betrayal - (n) an act of disloyalty or treachery
A new assignment is posted on Edmodo. It is due by Sunday night at midnight. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to get it done by the due date. If you don't have a computer you can use the library here at school or stay after and complete it here using an iPad. Due dates are on the board. WRITE THIS IN YOUR AGENDA BOOK!
1. Finish the story tonight
2. Do the Amy Tan assignment on Edmodo.
Write a paragraph that uses at least three of these words!