Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Genetics
A gene is a fragment of DNA that carries information to synthesize a protein.
Somatic cells are the body cells that aren't gametes. They build up tissues, organs, and parts of the living things.
Genotype is all the genetic information; it can be perceived or not.
Inherited characteristics are called phenotype, and usually the dominant gene’s characteristics.
Chromosomes are very compacted DNA structures. They are the genetic material.
Cloning in biotechnology refers to processes used to create copies of DNA fragments (molecular cloning), cells (cell cloning), or organisms.
Haploid is the term used when a cell has half the usual number of chromosomes.
A cell or an organism consisting of two sets of chromosomes: usually, one set from the mother and another set from the father.