Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Where the Hell did Hell come from and where the hell is hell going?
Transcript of Where the Hell did Hell come from and where the hell is hell going?
* any place of pain and turmoil; "the hell of battle"; "the inferno of the engine room"; "when you're alone Christmas is the pits";
* a cause of difficulty and suffering; "war is hell"; "go to blazes"
* (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil; where sinners suffer eternal punishment; "Hurl'd headlong...To bottomless perdition, there to dwell"- John Milton; "a demon from the depths of the pit"; "Hell is paved with good intentions"-Dr. Johnson
* (religion) the world of the dead; "No one goes to Hades with all his immense wealth"-Theognis
* sin: violent and excited activity; "they began to fight like sin"
* noisy and unrestrained mischief; "raising blazes"
* Naraka (Sanskrit) is the name given to realm of existence in Jain cosmology having great suffering. Naraka is usually translated into English as "hell" or "purgatory". ...
* Hell, (also Gehenna, Hades, Hel, Jahannam, Sheol, Tartarus) is a fictional location, an infernal underworld
* Diyu is the realm of the dead or "hell" in Chinese mythology. It is very loosely based upon the Buddhist concept of Naraka combined with ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_(Chinese_mythology) To sum it all up, Hell is a bad place. Nuff said. BOOM!*que huge universe creating explosion* There have been alot of envisioned firey bad places in the past. We are going to start a little bit after the big bang and monkeys with the Greeks Early Beginnings a bad place, where bad people go to when they die, and it is sometimes overseered by a red demen known as satan. Basically this place Long before the Christian idea of hell ever existed mankind has been thinking of about where bad folks go when they die.
The Greeks came up with their own idea of the Underworld. let's try a little bit sooner..... Cool story bro, but surely mankind has become much more civilized now and wouldn't believe in silly far fetched things such as Hell anymore.....right? Actually..... Not much has really changed. Hell is still a the basic conception of Hell or the popular culture version of Hell is.... It closely resembels the Christian Hell, which can probably be explained by British colonialism. major religions While there is no real common conception of Hell, most of us can agree it's a very bad place. The chirsitian version of Hell, is probably the most consistent with popular culture, since the British more of else assimilated the whole world during British colonization Hinduism Naraka is the Sanskrit word for the underworld; literally, of man. According to Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism and Buddhism, Naraka is a place of torment, or Hell. Yama is the lord of death in Hinduism Mukti-yogyas are souls eligible for redemption Their version of Hell goes like this..... Yama who is punishes a soul in a kind of poetic justice way, and even.... ....Mukti-yogyas who are are punished. but on a brighter note, they are reborn on Earth after they under go punishment as either humans or animals. Non religious God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it? Buddism Naraka is a purgatory where the soul gets purified of sin by sufferings Hell is depicted in
His dark materials by Phillip Pullman y'know I was wondering, where is Hell located anyways?... http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=define:hell Ok Soooooo, I care Why? Because The christian versions of the after life is schocking similar to the Greek's idea of life after death.
They called it the Underworld. The underworld The Greek's Underworld includes four parts;Erebus, Elysian Fields, Fields of Asphodel, and Tartarus. Each of these closely resemble the parts of the christian afterlife. erebus This is the place that souls go right after dieing. It bears a close resemlance to the foreHell in Dante's Inferno Just like in the Inferno the souls need to be ferried across the river Styx But here the souls needed to pay Charon to be brought across the river Erebus is not to be cunfused with What does any of this have to do with Hell? The underworld has a whole may have lead to the Christian idea of Hell. Both have demons, and monsters most of which originate in Greek mythology. period 3 Ap Lang things dante used from mythology Dante Barrows many different ideas from Greeks in the Inferno for example These people don't nessarily believe in Hell, or anything. At First our attempts to just google it seem futile.... Why yes, yes I did mean Hell, Michigan. Yup, there it is. Other possible locations Hell is situated 3 miles (4.8 km) southwest of Pinckney via Patterson Lake Road. The community is served by the Pinckney post office with ZIP Code 48169. The unofficial population is 266 after Michigan gained statehood, George Reeves was asked what he thought the town he helped settle should be called, and replied, "I don't care, you can name it Hell for all I care." The name became official on October 13, 1841 the United States Postal Service does not recognize Hell as a town, but instead uses the name of nearby Pinckney as the actual mailing address. hell is on mapquest too The future of Hell... after careful investigation, we are forced to believe that mankind will inevitable end itself in a religious holy war. The war will most likely be caused by minor differences of perceptions of hell. but it's all cool, mankind will replace itself with robots.