Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Transcript of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Be Proactive Habit 2:
Begin with the End in Mind Habit 3:
Put First Things First Habit 4:
Think Win/Win Habit 5:
Seek First to Understand
Then to be Understo d Habit 6:
Synergize Habit 7:
Sharpen the Saw Sample Personal Mission Statement:
Succeed at home first
Seek and merit divine help.
Never compromise with honesty.
Remember the people involved.
Hear both sides before judging.
Obtain counsel of others.
Defend those who are absent.
Be sincere yet decisive
Develop one new proficiency a year.
Plan tomorrow's work today.
Hustle while you wait.
Maintain a positive attitude.
Keep a sense of humor.
Be orderly in person and in work.
Do not fear mistakes---fear only the absence of creative, constructive and corrective responsive to those mistakes.
Facilitate the success of subordinates.
Listen twice as much as you speak. 6 Paradigms of Human Interaction How do we Achieve Win/Win? 1. Character
"To communicate effectively, we must first understand each other" Most people listen with an intent to respond.
The 4 Typical Listening Responses: Ignoring Pretending Selective Listening Attentive listening What's your intention? Effective Listening? Nope. Reflect
"People understand me so poorly that they even don't understand my complaint about them not understanding me."
- Soren Kierkegaard Intent to understand instead of intend to respond.
No preconceived ends in mind.
Simply about understanding anothers point of view and feelins.
Make sure to listen to everything and not just the words. Empathic Listening. 4 Dimensions of your Nature Reactive people are driven by:
Their enviroment Group 2
March 12, 2011
Matt Campbell Independent Will
Self Management Time Management = "Organize and execute around priorities" -Dr Stephen Covey Generations of Time Management:
1. Notes and checklists, calendars, and appointment books
2. Prioritization, clarifying values, comparing the relative worth of activities
3. Preserving and enhancing relationships
4. Accomplishing results Quadrant II = Putting First Things First Quadrant II Organizing:
1. Identifying role
2. Selecting goals
4. Daily adapting
"Synergy takes the Win-Win mantra of 1+1=3 a level further where 1+1 may equal 8 or 16 or even 1,600."
-Dr Stephen Covey The Essence of Synergy = Valuing The Differences Embrace the Differences To communicate effectively, we must first understand each other.